[oi-dev] [HEADSUP] X server update in OpenIndiana Hipster

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 07:17:06 UTC 2015

On 03/ 3/15 04:31 PM, Jean-Pierre André wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> ken mays via oi-dev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The lockdown (pkg freeze) is needed mainly on the XServer and Intel
>> driver.
>> You need to maintain Intel driver's 2.6.3 or 2.9.1 for XServer 1.7.7.
>
> I assume you mean Intel driver 2.9.1 is compatible with
> current Xorg server 1.7.7, but where is it to be found ?
>
> The latest hipster ships with 2.99.917 (not compatible
> with Xorg) and older one shipped with 2.6.3 (probably
> not compatible with my hardware). An intermediate
> version compatible with both Xorg server and hardware
> would be nice...

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Could you please also state what is your hardware, brand, model,
configuration and grahics card/integrated graphics model (included in
motherboard, chipset or inside cpu).

How it behaves in hipster-2014.1 and maybe booting from live 20141010
DVD/USB?

Idea of freezing X and intel driver is if you freeze it in a working
state, before one updates rest of the system to hipster-2015 for testing
for new bugs. (Works for me for older intel graphics, e.g. 945)

If also in hipster-2014.1 you do not have your graphics working
correctly (explain how it works, does it display with low
resolution/VESA or something) you can then try installing/booting from
live DVDs of older Openindiana /dev and Hipster release DVDs.

If with no previous release it worked for you, see that you report a bug
on it, too.
https://www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana/issues