[oi-dev] [developer] HEADS UP: illumos supports booting from EFI-labeled disks now, including large disks and whole-disk vdevs

Andrew M. Hettinger AHettinger at Prominic.NET
Thu Mar 5 00:30:00 UTC 2015

Intel S5520UR Mainboard
2x Xeon X5650 CPU
48G Ram
LSI-9211-8i (IT firmware)
2x Seagate ST3743455SS HDs
USB DVD-ROM

Install seemed to work well. Was able to mirror rpool.

/boot/solaris/bin/update_grub doesn't pick up the second disk properly, so
if we expect that script to work it needs fixed.
installgrub worked just fine though, and I was able to boot off either
disk.

I only checked whole-root, with a mirrored array (mirrored after
installation) though. If you have anything else you need tested for this
just say so.

While still a little rough around the edges, this makes working with a
mirrored rpool much nicer. I look forward to seeing it's final version.

Andrew Hettinger
http://Prominic.NET | Skype: AndrewProminic
Tel: 866.339.3169 (toll free) -or- 1.217.356.2888 x. 110 (int'l)
Fax: 866.372.3356 (toll free) -or- 1.217.356.3356            (int'l)