[oi-dev] [developer] HEADS UP: illumos supports booting from EFI-labeled disks now, including large disks and whole-disk vdevs

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Mar 5 07:58:58 UTC 2015

On 03/04/2015 01:00, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Dan McDonald писал 01.03.2015 20:58:
>> Are these mods to Caiman?  Can you share?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan
>>

> Hello.
> I'd like to get some reviews, testing and perhaps assistance on the
> following code - https://github.com/pyhalov/slim_source/tree/efi_install

New test Text Installer ISOs are available:
http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/EFI-test/oi-text-2015-03-05.iso

Now it can install OI on MBR partitions.
Slice support enabled.

What was tested:
EFI (whole-root) install  on empty, EFI, mbr-labeled disks
MBR (non-whole root) install on empty disk
MBR (non-whole root) install on disk, where FreeBSD was preinstalled on
the first partition. Could install OI on new partition and after changes
to menu.lst boot either FreeBSD from first partition or OI from second.

I expect it to be almost feature-complete. Perhaps some warnings need to
be enabled. But I'd like to receive wider testing (EFI-install
(whole-root), MBR-install (Use partitions), parallel installation with
other OSes and so on).

--
С уважением,
Александр Пыхалов,