[oi-dev] [developer] HEADS UP: illumos supports booting from EFI-labeled disks now, including large disks and whole-disk vdevs

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Mar 9 12:00:36 UTC 2015

Alexander Pyhalov писал 05.03.2015 10:58:
> On 03/04/2015 01:00, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Dan McDonald писал 01.03.2015 20:58:
>>> Are these mods to Caiman?  Can you share?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Dan
>>>

>> Hello.
>> I'd like to get some reviews, testing and perhaps assistance on the
>> following code -
>> https://github.com/pyhalov/slim_source/tree/efi_install

New test Text Installer ISOs are available:
http://buildzone.oi-build.r61.net/EFI-test/oi-text-2015-03-09.iso

Changes are mostly decorative - some warnings were enabled, EFI/MBR
options are explicitly named. Please, test it.
Note, installer supports either whole-root EFI install or install on MBR
partition. Installation on EFI partition
is not planned for now. I'm going to include these changes in first 2015
Hipster ISOs, which should be available in about a month.

I've tested whole-root installations, installations on MBR partitions,
installations in parallel with other OS, installation on 3TB drive (in
VirtualBox). Perhaps, I missed something, so, please, test it carefully.
---