[oi-dev] [developer] HEADS UP: illumos supports booting from EFI-labeled disks now, including large disks and whole-disk vdevs

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 16:18:01 UTC 2015

Does the EFI boot support using a pair of vdevs (slices  or MBR partitions) per disk so that one can use a small vdev for a mirrored rpool and the rest of the disk for a RAIDZ pool?  At the time I built my N40L I was limited to 2 TB disks to be able to do that as I did not want to do a flash drive rpool.

If  two vdevs per disk is expected to work I'll pull the drives from the N40L and test w/ some spare disks.

Reg