[oi-dev] FF 43b6 integration

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 16:05:50 UTC 2015

We agreed that we could move to FF 43.x (now version 43.0b7 today) to resolve many rendering issues and migrate to the next ESR release or provide an additional package of the current 38.4.0 ESR release.

Usually, if you need an older browser you can uninstall a current browser and install the old one (or place it in another directory - which I've done for years). The Oracle provided browser releases allows users to go back and do this (or we can support specific FF releases in IPS).

So technically, we could push forward with FF 43b7 today and then provide a FF 38.4.0esr package as well for those
users that need/want it (as we do something similar with GCC or NVIDIA packaging).

The other issues like migration issues is something we document to alleviate those issues with developer support teams. This is standard software porting practice.

That way, you CAN still have your cake - while just eating some of it too!

We can then focus on updating our video/input drivers before end of year....

Thanks,
Ken