[oi-dev] SUN XVR-100 SPARC: ATI RADEON 7000 PCI Flashing and Modifying for use in a SPARC (or Power-Mac)

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sat Nov 28 17:59:26 UTC 2015

 Ouch, too many typos.
I now see them all, but too late. I'm not even sure if I shall consider today as part of yesterday or tomorrow.

Nevertheless, bundled with this general self-correction here a gift for SPARC users  ;)

It also answers the question, why normal Radeon 7000's cannot get the fcodes flashed in, although all other parts except for the smaller ROM chip are 100.00% identical (but you can solder on the larger capacity chip) :
ATI RADEON 7000 PCI
Flashing and Modifying for use in a

http://web.archive.org/web/20051224220219/http://www.darkness.uklinux.net/

All tools are in the sit archive, still there (having been archived, too).
I verified these steps long ago.
Now is time to let you know all those tricks.

Next time, maybe on X-mas: How you can convert a stock Sun Fire 480R into an US IV 1.5GHz based apparently genuine SunFire V490 in less than 2 minutes.

rgds.
%m