[oi-dev] FF 43b6 integration

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 21:49:52 UTC 2015

On 11/28/15 04:39 PM, Мартин Бохниг wrote:
> Cool, which src is it based on?
Martin Bochnig patch of course :)

> Did anyone (of those getting this glitch) test already if the wrapper
> was the silly reason? Or is it a real bug in the cleanup code?
> Or maybe the patch Alexander mentioned would be the solution? We must
> test that all.
Ask Alp I  suppose everything is on Github,
I was relaying my results on trying out 43b7, it is ok to push it to
hipster, because it does not behave like 43b6 was.
b6 was coring on exitt with old .mozilla profile but not with new empty
one. b7 works Ok so that's it. (I cried a little on Mozilla IRC, maybe
that helped? :P)

> This is a very kind proposal.
> But I fear I cannot accept it.
> Then also Alexander's name needed to be in every [About] box, and then
> maybe 1 million others'names.
Thank you kindly Martin for your answer.

I must just add that no changing logo is allowed if one wants to call
your Firefox a  Firefox, per Mozilla requrements.
(Debian people know if one wants to change Firefox logos and branding,
one needs to use different name instead of Firefox.) that is why I
suggested text instead of logo editing.

For Oi probbly nothing will change form vanilla Firefox look.

As a side note, spellcheck does not work on OI hipster Thunderbird, as
you might witness on mails,  (and I think on Firefox too), so that could
be next battle to win.