[oi-dev] FF 43b6 integration

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sun Nov 29 04:18:27 UTC 2015

>Воскресенье, 29 ноября 2015, 6:57 +03:00 от Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru>:
>
>I committed FF 43b7 to oi-userland several hours ago.
>Theree were some strange issues with building it related to Jenkins
>environment, so it became available only now (when I get up and re-run
>the job).

Good and fast work, Alexander.
Thank you also for the review and additional patches.

>Nikola M писал 29.11.2015 00:49:
>> On 11/28/15 04:39 PM, Мартин Бохниг wrote:
>>> Cool, which src is it based on?
>> Martin Bochnig patch of course :)
>>
>>> Did anyone (of those getting this glitch) test already if the wrapper
>>> was the silly reason? Or is it a real bug in the cleanup code?
>>> Or maybe the patch Alexander mentioned would be the solution? We must
>>> test that all.
>> Ask Alp I  suppose everything is on Github,
>
>Yes, sources are in oi-userland
>( https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/tree/oi/hipster/components/firefox/ ),
>Martin, you can get what you consider necessary to your repository. The
>only wish which I have (what I miss compared to Oracle
>solaris-desktop~spec-files repository) is
>splitting one giant patch by problems which it solve. It would allow,
>for example, to upstream it by parts.

Oh, sure.
I only combined it all into one diff because I thought that way it is more compact and easier to deal with.
Of course we can have them split on a 1 patch per file or 1 patch per subproblem level.
I can do that by the end of next week, but due to a law suit by a fellow-german non-fellow NATO bastard (who also stole me a lot of money and who advised me in a wrong way, which caused me further unpayable non-monetary losses, but on top of that dares to request even more money for invalid reasons, what a thief and NATO-troll) against me cannot focus on that until the end of next week, because I'm my own self-defender and must deal with endless legal texts.

>> I was relaying my results on trying out 43b7, it is ok to push it to
>> hipster, because it does not behave like 43b6 was.
>> b6 was coring on exitt with old .mozilla profile but not with new
>> empty one. b7 works Ok so that's it. (I cried a little on Mozilla IRC,
>> maybe that helped? :P)
>>
>>> This is a very kind proposal.
>
>In any case, I've added Martin and OpenSXCE mentioning to Help->About
>Firefox information.

Don't know what to say.
TNX!

>BTW, having working Shumway is cool. Flash player has always stopped
>working when
>I switched to another window after watching full-scrren video. However,
>some flash applications still
>don't work. I hope we'll see fixed Shumway version soon.
>---
>System Administrator of Southern Federal University Computer Center

Did I not tell you that I also release the Illumos patch next week permitting you to run all flash plugins up to 11.2?
Then you can update Illumos and voila - no longer need to mess with flash-workalikes anymore.

The only limitation is, that the last supported flash on Solaris is 11.x, which is very outdated. And for that reason alone it won't playback some too modern codecs (as used by some few websites). Outherwise - with the kernel hack - you shall forget that Flash ever was anything related to a pain on Illumos/OpenIndiana/Hipster. You have it at the end of next week.
Before then I also still must publish the KMS backport diffs. Otherwise I'm more than busy with legal dirt.

rgds.
%m