[oi-dev] Thunderbird 38.4.0 integration

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Sun Nov 29 19:52:28 UTC 2015

>Воскресенье, 29 ноября 2015, 9:12 -08:00 от Alan Coopersmith <alan.coopersmith at oracle.com>:
>
>On 11/29/15 05:45 AM, Мартин Бохниг wrote:
>> good work, but is it correct that I can only see patches for 24.2 and 31.7.0
>> which are normaly highly (too much) Studio-specific becaus Oracle only uses
>> Studio for everything now (while Sun at least maintained a status from 2006 to
>> its end)?
>
>Not always:  https://hg.java.net/hg/solaris-desktop~spec-files/rev/1ca45beec8c3
>
>-alan-

Hi Alan,

I was in an extreme hurry to catch my bus (now I'm 10 km away) and managed to place even more spelling errors into a single sentence, than normal   ...
Unfortunately I had at the end missed not only the bus, but before that the most important word in abobe paragraph (as can be derived from the context)

--->>   status _quo_

What I wanted to say was: I _praise_ Sun for maintaining both ways -- while having had the policy of preferring Studio over gcc (unless in a few cases where Studio meant to much porting hassle, wasn't mesa in your excellent gate such a case? {your/ the x11 group's x11 gate design is a 100 times cleaner than the userland gate, with a smarter system of Makefiles and touches <especially in terms of incremental builds>}), gcc was also supported by gate after gate, then almost all gates.

Oracle broke with that design for no reason (while otherwise certainly performing much better, than IBM would have).

So I'm completely with your point here, only didn't express it without errors.

BTW, did you see my request for help with gfxp_alloc_kernel_space() ?
I really only need to find out, if my local implementation is wrong (causing the TRAP on S11.0 and Illumos, while working fine on 11.1, 11.2 and 11.3), or if there is any other reason.

Yes, I wanted to publish my diffs today but must defer this to tomorrow or Tuesday.
TNX in advance.

%martin