[oi-dev] [CFT] libnotify update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Apr 14 10:21:34 UTC 2016

On 04/14/2016 10:54, Marcel Telka wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 03:09:28AM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> I'm going to update libnotify to 0.7.6, as it is required by Mate, Webkit2,
>> Gnome 3 and who knows what else.
>>
>> It's ABI-incompatible update, which affects following applications from
>> /hipster-2015:
>> pkg:/desktop/administration/nwam-manager
>> pkg:/desktop/compiz/plugin/compiz-fusion-extra
>> pkg:/desktop/irc/hexchat
>
> xchat have hardcoded (lazy) support for libnotify < 0.7.0, see
> libnotify_notify_new() in src/fe-gtk/plugin-tray.c for details.  Maybe it will
> work with libnotify >= 0.7.0 too, but it needs to be checked.
>
> Who knows where else is the libnotify similarly hardcoded...
>
>> pkg:/desktop/notification-daemon
>
> I think it is a good idea to update the notification-daemon together with the
> libnotify update.  Or, at least, plan to do it ASAP :-).
>

> Is there a changeset available with the libnotify update (including the
> applications touches to update them for new libnotify and to recompile them)?

libnotify and oi-userland related changes:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/compare/Openindiana:oi/hipster...pyhalov:libnotify

Components which were not touched, require just rebuild.

nwam changes:
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/nwam-manager/compare/oi/hipster...pyhalov:libnotify

--
С уважением,