[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Tue Aug 2 03:44:59 UTC 2016

I only wanted to have a quick look how far Intel-KMS has been merged in after I sent the diffs around via private mails about 2 or 3 weeks ago (never heard anything since then, except for my friend Gabriele aka XStreamOS - who also accepted the diffs from me).
Really had no time to read mailing lists (nor this email account) since sharing KMS.

Meanwhile I think maybe it was a mistake that I didn't upload the KMS backport diffs and bins to public back then, but rather to some douzen receipients.
My thinking behind that was that I would first want to write really perfect verbose ReleaseNotes, but didn't want my friends (the real ones)  from the OpenIndiana community to wait any longer.

Since I'm all July/August long enaged and more than busy with Baytrail on UEFI32 (but x64 cpu) under leadership by grandmaster Toomas Soome, I had no time (T.M.) anymore.

Now I wanted to look what users said about KMS and if it works for them (on Sandy, Ivy, Haswell).
But what I found instead was that people I once trusted suddenly started ranting against one of the core OI members: Nikola.

Unbelievable and I won't comment on that any further, except:

>Понедельник, 25 июля 2016, 10:01 UTC от Volker A. Brandt <vab at bb-c.de>:
>
>--
>Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
>Brandt & Brandt Computer GmbH                   WWW:  http://www.bb-c.de/
>Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email:  vab at bb-c.de
>Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
>Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt
>
>"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"

Why in God's name are such 100% clear capitalist commercial advertisemnets by non-code-contributors not a problem?
I bet politics are also not really problematic, as long as it's something like "Go West, life is peaceful there ..."
My former friend and 2012/2012 gold sponsor Volker is only an example here, there are many others whoch post such footers.

p.s. Apologies again that I still had no time for the real public KMS backport Release Notes.
If I didn't make it clear enough: Please integrate, redist and share.

Or must really first put that stuff onto github?
Ok, I can do, perhaps my mistake because I didn't make it clear enough after a few things went utterly wrong.

But the the same must be said about Baytrail, and Toomas Soome's outstanding FreeBSD loader port which HE and i now also backported to UEFI32 on x64 Tablet use cases, together with Igor's ACPI2 diffs.

BOLD THANKS from me to Toomas Soome and Igor!
Both are wizards and my advice to those OI "contributors" bashing Nikola is: Don't waste your time with such flamewars attacking those who have FOSS at their hearts! Rather look out of the window which masses of code are ready for manual integration (yes, Illumos doesn't have these bits yet for this or another reasons, perhaps also because they have too many too complicated rules  ...)

Rather than talking about enforcing enforcements if anything one should introduce a core contributor score here, as I recommended months and years ago.
People like Alexander aka Creator of Hipster: Imagine he would violate your silly dictatorship rules. Would *he* then get excluded?????

I cannot believe that Nikola got under moderation.

I also found it interesting that some others who never contributed anything whatsoever to OpenIndiana, Hipster, OpenSolaris opened their mouths the widest.

If this is not a political show here, then only a technical core contributor score should count.
And then the arithmetical majority of moaners would probably not even have the grant to participate in the discussion.