[oi-dev] Mate 1.14

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:50:59 UTC 2016

Hi Alexander

> Hi, Till.
>
> Do we miss something big from Mate now?

As far as i can see No.
You assessment is pretty much complete.

I would like to have the ZFS integration in Caja as an extension. AFAIK
extensions are less effort to maintain and can also be used in other
systems that have the required libs (Linux, FreeBSD). Thus alowing other
people than us to use ZFS integration and increasing the userbase of
those pieces of code.

The same is true for the compiz integration into mate-control-center.
Ubuntu-Mate has an integration. Our old one was from ubuntu too. I was
however unable to find the newest version of the patch when i looked.

I agree that we should not patch mate to use old tools when we have
plans to modify the new ones.

Greetings
Till