[oi-dev] Sun SSH has gone

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 08:27:29 UTC 2016

On 08/23/16 07:40 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2016, Nikola M wrote:
>>
>> Only problem I have seen very recently (under a month) is that it takes
>> quite some time to log into other OI machine from laptop, after I
>> started using that machine again as a router for wireless connection.
>> For some reason, i get ssh prompt faster, if I firstly log into the
>> console, but that could be for a number a reasons.
>
> Is it possible that ident protocol (to identify the user id on the
> machine doing the connecting) is being used?

For some reason I somehow got some routing rules active form previous
configuration, even after 'route flush'. Adding route for another ip
subnet somehow made ti log in faster, even still slow, but within minute.

I think those are defaults in OI, if I am right, where in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config  : IgnoreRhosts yes
RhostsAuthentication no  , RSAAuthentication yes