[oi-dev] DIFF adding to MATE Compiz Special Effects to "Appearance Preferences > Visual Effects" tab used in the old Gnome2

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Aug 29 12:07:27 UTC 2016

On 08/28/16 09:55 PM, Мартин Бохниг via oi-dev wrote:

> Mate control panel option anymore.
> That's of course funny, given that we now finally do have DRM/KMS on Intel (8xx/9xx/Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/some Atoms)!
>

> Hence I spent one hour to fix this problem and found out the following:
>
> In gnome2 responsible for this useful stuff was the following Sun-diff:
>
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/desktop/gnome2/gnome-control-center/patches/control-center-03-compiz-integration.patch
>
> Now it is clear why we didn't see that in Mate, because this diff wasn't merged over so far.
>
> I did that and here is my new diff's diff against the old diff:

Hi, Martin.

The patch you proposed doesn't compile as it is :

   CCLD     mate-appearance-properties
ld: warning: file
/export/home/alp/srcs/oi-userland/components/desktop/mate/mate-control-center/build/i86/libwindow-settings/.libs/libmate-window-settings.so:
linked to ../../libwindow-settings/.libs/libmate-window-settings.so:
attempted multiple inclusion of file
effects_init                        appearance-main.o

Other issue I see is that patch still refers to Gnome gconf settings for
panel, metacity, etc... Mate corresponding applications already use
dconf (gsetting) for these settings. Compiz still use gconf. So, it's
necessary to fix this patch, so that it uses dconf for getting/setting
Mate applications settings.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,