[oi-dev] Screen distorted with new i915 driver

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Wed Aug 31 17:52:00 UTC 2016

Hallo Alex,

sorry for experiencing problems (tut mir leid, dass Du Probleme damit hast).
What is where exactly happening, in which precise order, how and why (was passiert wo, in welcher genauen Reihenfolge wie und warum)?

The least you should send to enable me or anyone to help you (Das Mindeste, was Du mitsenden solltest, um mich oder sonst-wen in eine Position zu bringen, Dir helfen zu koennen, waere das Folgende) :

#0.) Screen photograph or best video
#1.) /var/adm/messages*
#2.) /var/log/Xorg.0.log*
#3.) scanpci -v output (what is your device's pciid?)
#4.) ls -l /dev/dri

Then I need to know if you deleted /etc/X11/xorg.conf before running into problems, as you should have

A pity that only those take the time to report whatsoever, for whom it is *not* working, while the silent 99% stay silent (reminds me of what happened 2 weeks ago, but that's how humans appear to be designed to be)

I hope we can get this working for you,
mit den besten Gruessen,

%martin bochnig
Ostberlin

>Среда, 31 августа 2016, 16:48 UTC от Alexander Jung <a.jung at scilset.de>:
>
>Hi,
>
>after the last update of hipster on my Lenovo W530, the new i915 driver don't work correct, the screen is distorted.

The W530 has an intel and nvidia graphicscard, but because the nvidiadriver don't work at all i switched to intel in bios.

lspci shows
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (rev 09)

I am also very interestet in a solution for the nvidia card.

Best regards,

Alex

PS: Sorry for my bad english