[oi-dev] Wikipedia page

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 08:48:25 UTC 2016

On 12/15/16 01:47 AM, Michael Kruger wrote:
> On 12/13/2016 04:19 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I updated the graph I made a while ago on EN and FR (+ link to release
>> notes):
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenIndiana

Wikipedia is based on quoting sources other then article topic itself.
Editing Wikipedia pages by the same people that are actively involved in
companies and/or contributing projects can be viewed as self-promotion
and is usually sanctioned on Wikipedia.

That mostly goes to the way the text of articles that are being edited
and in a way that for every single edit, one must provide quote or
source and the text itself must not be of a promotional type.
That said, it is best not to self-edit Wikipedia pages and leave that to
others, plus fixing inaccuracies  got to make sure not to insert
other/new inaccuracies in a positive intent,
but with consequences editable by the Whole world, in the case of Wikipedia.