[oi-dev] Userland dev, Zone and processes

bentahyr at chez.com bentahyr at chez.com
Fri Feb 5 00:48:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I created a zone with oi-userland dev and tools and I finally made my 2 first packages.
I gave up on cloning the dev zone (zoneadm clone doesn't work) to try to install the package and relied VBox as I don't need much power to test the package.

Now I would like to install these packages on my dev zone so I can work on a third package depending on the 2 first ones but here I am with a new issue. I can't seem to add publisher and use packages from my dev zone.
Adding publisher is ok but when I issue the pkg install command I get :

-pkg install: Invalid child image publisher configuration.  Child image publisher
-configuration must be a superset of the parent image publisher configuration.
-Please update the child publisher configuration to match the parent.  If the
-child image is a zone this can be done automatically by detaching and
-attaching the zone.
-
-The parent image has the following enabled publishers:
-    PUBLISHER 0: openindiana.org
-    PUBLISHER 1: hipster-encumbered
-
-The child image has the following enabled publishers:
-    PUBLISHER 0: userland
-    PUBLISHER 1: openindiana.org
-    PUBLISHER 2: hipster-encumbered
-    PUBLISHER 3: localhostoih

So I was wondering what am I doing wrong in the zone as it seems IPS is highly tighten to the global zone. Is there a more independent way to set the zone ?

Second question is what should be the process to add new packages to userland on github ?
- open feature request on OI bug tracker ?
- pull request on github oi-userland repo ?
- mail to oi-dev ?

Best regards.
Ben