[oi-dev] Userland dev, Zone and processes

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Feb 5 05:58:57 UTC 2016

Hi.

bentahyr at chez.com писал 05.02.2016 03:48:
> Hi,
>
> I created a zone with oi-userland dev and tools and I finally made my
> 2 first packages.
> I gave up on cloning the dev zone (zoneadm clone doesn't work) to try
> to install the package and relied VBox as I don't need much power to
> test the package.

Please, report the issue on the bug tracker. The reason is that
sys-unconfig has gone.
Fast workaround is call clone with -X:

zoneadm -z dest_zone clone -X src_zone

> Now I would like to install these packages on my dev zone so I can
> work on a third package depending on the 2 first ones but here I am
> with a new issue. I can't seem to add publisher and use packages from
> my dev zone.
> Adding publisher is ok but when I issue the pkg install command I get :

Read http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Linked+images+and+nlipkg+zone+brand
.
You can either use consistent publishers configuration or switch to
nlipkg brand.

> Second question is what should be the process to add new packages to
> userland on github ?
> - open feature request on OI bug tracker ?
> - pull request on github oi-userland repo ?
> - mail to oi-dev ?

Ideally, all of this, but pull request is enough.

---