[oi-dev] Userland dev, Zone and processes

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Feb 9 20:54:54 UTC 2016

Hello.

Alexander Pyhalov писал 05.02.2016 08:58:
> Hi.
>
> bentahyr at chez.com писал 05.02.2016 03:48:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I created a zone with oi-userland dev and tools and I finally made my
>> 2 first packages.
>> I gave up on cloning the dev zone (zoneadm clone doesn't work) to try
>> to install the package and relied VBox as I don't need much power to
>> test the package.
>
> Please, report the issue on the bug tracker. The reason is that
> sys-unconfig has gone.
> Fast workaround is call clone with -X:
>
> zoneadm -z dest_zone clone -X src_zone

This issue seems rather unpleasant to me.

I'd like to modify current default clone behavior, so that it didn't run
sys-unconfig
(http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-5166/sys-unconfig-1m/index.html),
but reverted sysding config/finished property to false and executed
several deconfiguration steps.

Most of the work previously done by sys-unconfig seems to be not very
necessary (we wanted clone, noone has spoken about clone with blanked
config), but at least I'd remove all interface configurations (blanked
/etc/dladm/*.conf and /etc/ipadm/*.conf) to prevent IP addresses
conflict. Does it seem to be reasonable? What else does seem to be
appropriate? Do we need separate tool to do sys-unconfig job?

---