[oi-dev] new year

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Jan 14 08:15:51 UTC 2016

Hi.
What do you think about naming conventions?
We currently have 2015.0.2.X package version to mark RELEASE_MAJOR and
UPDATENUM . I think we'll preserve them until new snapshot (which will
become 2016.0.0.X). What about repository name?
Initially multiple repositories were created to avoid having
repositories with too many packages, as this slows down IPS.
Now we usually pkgsend/pkgrecv repository to temporary place and move
back. So  I don't think /hipster-XXXX repositories  are necessary or
convenient. Perhaps, it's a good idea to move repository to /hipster and
preserve it there?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,