[oi-dev] Hipster Build Zone?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Wed Jan 13 22:38:43 UTC 2016

13 января 2016 г. 21:49:46 CET, Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> пишет:

>Am 13.01.16 um 21:46 schrieb Adam Števko:
>> Hi,
>>
>> build-essential is everything needed for package building (compiler,
>make, libraries etc). Packages ypu want to build may have different
>dependencies, which needs to be installed.
>Yes, I know. But how can I do that easily? For a single package that
>would probably feasable but I want a userland build zone so I need to
>install
>all dependencies for all packages. I don't want to spend days or weeks
>just to prepare the build zone...
>At least I expect that it should be possible to prepare such a build
>zone for userland development. Otherwise it would be harder than
>necessary
>to start with userland enhancements...
>
>Cheers,
>Andreas
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adam
>>
>>> On Jan 13, 2016, at 9:43 PM, Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de>
>wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any documentation on how to prepare a build zone for
>Hipster development?
>>>
>>> I have installed a build zone like it is proposed on the wiki (eg.
>install build-essential).
>>> Alas I am not able to build many of the userland packages. I found
>out that there still
>>> seem a lot of prerequsites missing (eg. for building GNOME packages
>like zenity).
>>>
>>> So at the moment it's hard for me to distinguish real problems from
>problems due to missing
>>> packages in the build zone. I want to avoid building in the GZ (IMO
>it would make zones
>>> worthless).
>>> So, is there any receipt to follow in order to install all
>prerequisites?
>>>
>>> Further: How can I install the whole GNOME desktop environment?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Andreas

Given that certain packages might have rather unpredictable dependencies, i guess you want to install 'entire' to build a new 'entire'. Otherwise, oi-userland packages usually have dependencies listed out - maybe there is a project to pull them in before making. Maybe 'gmake setup' does something of the sort or can be enhanced to...
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android