[oi-dev] OpenJDK 8

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 20:32:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> Hi, people.
>
> Does someone want to review or test OpenJDK 8 changeset?
>
> I could run toy programs and build OpenJDK 8 with OpenJDK 8.
> Additional testing is welcome.
>
> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2246

That's quite a diff, although I guess that's because you're building
with gcc rather than studio?

> OpenJDK 7 stays default one for now.

oppenjdk ?

As a matter of interest, what does the version string look like?
(The output of 'java -version'; I had to play a bit with the options
to get it into a format that a number of tools expected, although I
don't appear to have made a note of which tools were particularly
fussy about the exact layout of the version string.)

--
-Peter Tribble