[oi-dev] OpenJDK 8

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Jul 18 20:47:22 UTC 2016

Peter Tribble писал 18.07.2016 23:32:
> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
>
>> Hi, people.
>>
>> Does someone want to review or test OpenJDK 8 changeset?
>>
>> I could run toy programs and build OpenJDK  8 with OpenJDK 8.
>> Additional testing is welcome.
>>
>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2246
>>

> That's quite a diff, although I guess that's because you're building
> with gcc rather than studio?

Yes, there are a lot of changets related to building with gcc.
The component, as you can see, is based on pkgsrc port.
I've removed all changes, specific to other OSes, supported by pkgsrc,
added changes related to directories and files layout, changed some
flags
for build tools and corrected RPATH.

> OpenJDK 7 stays default one for now.
>

> oppenjdk ?

We currently ship openjdk 7 as the only Java implementation.

> As a matter of interest, what does the version string look like?
> (The output of 'java -version'; I had to play a bit with the options
> to get it into a format that a number of tools expected, although I
> don't appear to have made a note of which tools were particularly
> fussy about the exact layout of the version string.)

$ /usr/jdk/openjdk1.7.0/bin/java -version
openjdk version "1.7.0_080-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build
1.7.0_080-internal-alp_2016_07_17_16_02-b00)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode)

$ /usr/jdk/openjdk1.8.0/bin/java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_92-internal"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_92-internal-oi-1.8.92-b00)

---