[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Jul 21 13:19:31 UTC 2016

I did not have enough spare time to read all the words that you wrote
but upon re-reading various proposals I am still really happy with the
text that Adam Števko has proposed.

The main thing which is lacking is that there should be a small group
of individuals (e.g. 3) nominated by, and selected by the community
who are available to make decisions in case a problem with conduct
does occur.  This group should be selected based on a past history of
sound judgement and lack of propensity for bikeshedding or apparent
problematic conduct.  The group does not need to be the same as the
persons contributing the most to the project in terms of source code.

The FreeBSD project is an excellent example of a well-run project
which does select leadership on an annual basis and is prepared to
deal with conduct problems.  A year ago there was a conduct problem
related to sexual harrassment and they found that they were not as
prepared as they should be to deal with it.  Adjustments were made so
that they will be better prepared next time.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn