[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 18:59:49 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

I added draft of proposed CoC to wiki here: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Code+of+Conduct+proposals

I modified the Wiki entry to contain both versions.

Modified version of initial CoC text contains following changes:

- added to "Core principles and expectations:” part:

• Always seek to maintain a welcoming environment for new contributors.
	• Welcome new people to the project and guide them in their contributions.
	• Give them the time you were given when you first joined the community.
	• And if you weren't given enough time please set a new example for others to live by.
• Be open and transparent so others can participate on an equal footing and contribute to the project in their own way.
	• Everyone has something to contribute.

- added to “What will not be tolerated:” part:

Discrimination based on gender, race, nationality, sexuality, religion, age or physical disability.

- “Reporting violations” part was changed:
	• Violations of the CoC should be reported to the distribution maintainers via abuse at openindiana.org.
		• Neither reporters nor reported persons will, or should be, made public.
	• Upon receipt of a problem report, the distribution maintainers will investigate the issue and determine whether it warrants further action. Any further action will be proportional to the severity of the problem.

Changed things are based on former OpenSolaris Code of Conduct and solicitations from the OpenIndiana community.

I hope that people are OK with these changes. I also expect this to be the final draft unless some comments appear.

Cheers,
Adam