[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:49:56 UTC 2016

On 07/26/2016 09:58 AM, WebDawg wrote:

> For instance in this response:
>
>  "No unfinished half-things should be put on site like this."
>
> Is this a decision that needs decided still? Is there a consensus in any
> direction that  http://www.openindiana.org/community/ is for drafts or
> not for drafts?  I get that the support docs had a new complete format
> and required possibly a different type of server but this stuff is just
> text.
>

> I also like mailing lists and hate wiki talk pages.

Hi WebDawg,

I am not aware of a formally established process for submitting draft
documents for consideration. For the purpose of discussing such a
document, conceivably, it could have been hosted anywhere (www, wiki,
google docs, github gist, etc.), or not hosted at all (e.g. the entire
text sent as a post to the mailing list).

As I understood it, the original idea was for people to view the
document and submit comments via the mailing list.

I don't believe it was ever intended for anyone but the original authors
to directly edit the document as hosted on the www site.

As for alternate proposals, comments, etc., they could have been
delivered in any form (IRC, mailing list, github gist, etc).

The need to provide an editable version of the document to be directly
edited by community members wasn't (I don't believe) ever considered.

Michael