[oi-dev] OpenIndiana Code of Conduct

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 22:47:07 UTC 2016

À mar. juil. 26 20:49:56 2016 GMT+0100, Michael Kruger a écrit :
> On 07/26/2016 09:58 AM, WebDawg wrote:
>

> > For instance in this response:
> >
> >  "No unfinished half-things should be put on site like this."
> >
> > Is this a decision that needs decided still? Is there a consensus in any
> > direction that  http://www.openindiana.org/community/ is for drafts or
> > not for drafts?  I get that the support docs had a new complete format
> > and required possibly a different type of server but this stuff is just
> > text.
> >

> > I also like mailing lists and hate wiki talk pages.
>

> Hi WebDawg,
>
> I am not aware of a formally established process for submitting draft
> documents for consideration. For the purpose of discussing such a
> document, conceivably, it could have been hosted anywhere (www, wiki,
> google docs, github gist, etc.), or not hosted at all (e.g. the entire
> text sent as a post to the mailing list).
>
> As I understood it, the original idea was for people to view the
> document and submit comments via the mailing list.
>
> I don't believe it was ever intended for anyone but the original authors
> to directly edit the document as hosted on the www site.

Indeed, the website being intended for publication only, the initial proposal was meant to serve as reference for discussion on the mailing list first.

Editable versions on other media (like the wiki) from the discussion could be then created as the discussion moved forward.

But in any case, the reference should still be available and unmodified so that any participant can evaluate the differences/improvements.

Basically ... what Michael said.

> As for alternate proposals, comments, etc., they could have been
> delivered in any form (IRC, mailing list, github gist, etc).
>
> The need to provide an editable version of the document to be directly
> edited by community members wasn't (I don't believe) ever considered.
>
> Michael

Thanks for sailing Jolla :)