[oi-dev] demonstration docs website

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon May 2 13:44:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2 May 2016, Nikola M wrote:

> On 05/ 2/16 08:56 AM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
>> On 05/ 1/16 10:48 PM, Nikola M wrote:
>>> *You aether accept open documentation license including Contributor
>>> agreement to
>>> OI or you contribute your time at somewhere else.*
>>
>> Why don't you let the people who run the project decide whether or not to
>> accept
>> contributions before you chase everyone away?
>
> There is no one who "runs the project" except us all, here and now, together.
> Everyone is free to contribute in all possible ways he seems fit.
>
> Support proprietary projects is not very high on my list.

You made a lot of good points but in total it felt hostile.  It seems
like you are saying that if perfection is not possible, then the work
is not worth doing.

It seems most important that the license for the documentation
(regardless of where it is initially developed) is suitable for other
uses in OpenIndiana and that it can be incorporated in OpenIndiana
documentation (or cut/pasted as part of blogs) as maintainers/athors
see fit.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn