[oi-dev] demonstration docs website

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed May 4 10:52:00 UTC 2016

On 05/01/2016 07:30, Michael Kruger wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Here is a little something I have been working to help showcase
> documentation for the OpenIndiana project.
>
> Currently hosted are:
>
> OpenIndiana FAQ (Complete, but still growing and improving)
> OpenIndiana Handbook (little more than a template at this point)
> OpenSolaris Books (41 titles from the 2009 redistributable docs release)

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for your work.
To move further I think we should consider several questions...

1) Someone should look through the docs... So , reviewers are welcome.
Have you changed "OpenSolaris Redistributable Books" in any way or just
created the index and converted them to docbook? How do we mark parts of
the books which are not currently actual? How are we going to update
them (create new document or mark current document as reviewed)? How
http://makruger.github.io/website/pages/docs/handbook.html and
http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/OpenIndiana+Handbook are related? What
parts are missing?

2) What is the process of contribution, how site is generated? What
tools are used to work on the docs ( asciidoctor + git ?)?

3) How do you propose to incorporate documentation site in current OI
web site? How do you suggest to consider what articles should live on
the wiki, which - on documentation site? How these two sites are going
to be related?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,