[oi-dev] MATE 1.14 Desktop for OpenIndiana

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Mon May 9 06:37:28 UTC 2016

On 05/ 9/16 07:59 AM, Jim Klimov wrote:
> Hi Nikola,
>
> I guess you're late to this particular party - the way to move forward with the resources and luggage we have was indeed discussed long ago.

Sorry I haven't seen it mentioned, maybe I missed it,  was here most the
time for past years.

Thanks for fixing the announcement. Aurélien Larcher - jollyd, jimklimov

> On the upside, whatever the naming and distribution of packages and recipes across consolidations, OI Hipster and according to plan also its expected less-bloody releases (dev, stable) after migration of all userland into one recipe repo/consolidation, are upgrade-compatible with the last OI-dev and OpenSolaris Indiana.

Testing those updating from /dev to hipster is what I'd like to see, so
i asked for more people to try it out.

I wasn't expecting that it's updatable from Opensolaris directly, but
through Openindiana /dev, but if it is too, that's exciting :P
Great times ahead, for sure :)