[oi-dev] intel driver and old video chipsets

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:04:23 UTC 2016

You can run glxgears in non-synchronized mode to check it:

>> $ vblank_mode=0 glxgears
>>

> It showed normally (at 2000fps, not bad, though 3000 on
> Linux), but it sometimes halted for a second or two.
> Maybe this is related to some unrelated task starting.

This is the GPU hang I mentionned, due to a hw bug and fixed in the Linux
i915 driver after the Oracle port was created.
The fix is known but cannot be applied as-is due different implementation.

> Computer : HP Notebook envy 4
> Graphics : Intel (id 8086:116.103c.1894)
> Comment : Hipster 10-2016 "vanilla install" works
> at 1366x768 resolution (glxgears at 2000fps).

Thank you.

> And an annoying thing which I did not have with the vesa
> driver : something is hijacking the "Shift+F5" key. I was
> customary with this with Nvidia drivers, but not on this
> computer (nor virtual ones). What is the hijacker and how
> can I get rid of it ?

I have absolutely no idea sorry, I do not use such key combination.

Kind regards

Aurelien