[oi-dev] HEADS UP: /dev images are archived

Michael Kruger makruger2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 00:59:44 UTC 2016

On 11/26/2016 07:27 PM, Nikola M wrote:
> On 11/26/16 03:03 PM, Adam Števko wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I moved all /dev and old OpenSolaris isos under archive directory
>> at http://dlc.openindiana.org/isos/archive/. This change is going to
>> be propagated to mirrors after they sync.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Adam
>
> -Do you think that there is the room for linking something like
> hipster-current link to latest ISOs and images for Openindiana hipster
> snapshots,
> so that people won't get lost in big large list of hipster snapshot images.
>
> And/or to have all images/files of one snapshot inside it's folder.

+1

This is a good idea. I particularly like the idea of using symlinks from
within a current folder as it would make it much easier to share those
links from within documentation without concern about them changing.

That said, symlinks would be another thing which would need to
maintained and naturally updating them would then become another element
of the release preparation process.

To that end, we should probably document the release process (if it's
not already documented someplace).

Michael