[oi-dev] gcc45 port to Hipster 2016.04 oi-userland: Why do I get these pkglint errors although all deps are installed fine?

Мартин Бохниг opensxce at mail.ru
Tue Sep 27 06:15:29 UTC 2016

> depend fmri=developer/gcc-3 at 3.4.3-0.175 type=optional

Why this btw?
I built gcc45 with gcc49.
So this was caused by some inter-dependency of some used library?
Or a mistake?

WTF, this IPS stuff is simply over the top.
Example: I was able to simply symlink over my ancient OpenSXCE-gcc45 and symlink over 3 libs to /usr/lib (gmp, mpc and mpfr) before I started to freshly recompile gcc45.

And guess what: It just worked.
This IPS stuff would never have permitted me to do this, but it works fine.
Simply to to real software standards like API and ABI compatibility, rather than some python scripts.

I'm done with gcc45 and when I hand-over the Vbox5 release and related deps oi-userland integration, I leave messing with IPS to you.
You are more talented and more patient with IPS, it's simply not my world.

--
best regards
%martin bochnig