[oi-dev] sound-juicer removal?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Apr 4 21:45:18 UTC 2017

On 04.04.2017 20:18, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 04/ 4/17 04:21 PM, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>> ken mays via oi-dev <oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Like Joerg mentioned, I also went the similar solution path with
>>> cddawav (cdrtools) when I maintained gstreamer long ago.
>>> You can glance at Mediamonkey (http://www.mediamonkey.com) and
>>> Whipper (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/whipper-git/) for various
>>> modernization efforts....
>>>
>> BTW: if Alexander needs the source because Sun did never upload it,
>> he should contact me in private.
>>
>> Jörg
>>

> So far I'm trying to make sound juicer 2.32 work with gstreamer 0.10,
> gtk 3.0 and brasero 3... Don't know if it's ugly, but if it works,
> this will save me from porting gstreamer 0.10 plugin to gstreamer
> 1.0...

Now more news... I was able to build it in such configuration, but it
doesn't work. Moreover, old soundjuicer, which we currently have, also
likely doesn't work (I haven't checked, but code is the same).

sound-juicer queries cdda file info over gvfs. But our (and Solaris)
gvfs doesn't support cdda location. Even if I compile
libcdio,libcdio_paranoia and gvfs cdda backend, it seems I have to
enable fuse support in gvfs
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/627008), so
that it could actually mount it. And our libfuse 2.7.6 is not enough to
compile gvfsd-fuse.
I wonder how it worked earlier...

---