[oi-dev] sound-juicer removal?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Apr 4 23:38:59 UTC 2017

On 05.04.2017 00:45, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> On 04.04.2017 20:18, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:

>>> BTW: if Alexander needs the source because Sun did never upload it,
>>> he should contact me in private.
>>>
>>> Jörg
>>>

>> So far I'm trying to make sound juicer 2.32 work with gstreamer 0.10,
>> gtk 3.0 and brasero 3... Don't know if it's ugly, but if it works,
>> this will save me from porting gstreamer 0.10 plugin to gstreamer
>> 1.0...
>
> Now more news... I was able to build it in such configuration, but it
> doesn't work. Moreover, old soundjuicer, which we currently have, also
> likely doesn't work (I haven't checked, but code is the same).
>
> sound-juicer queries cdda file info over gvfs. But our (and Solaris)
> gvfs doesn't support cdda location. Even if I compile
> libcdio,libcdio_paranoia and gvfs cdda backend, it seems I have to
> enable fuse support in gvfs
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sound-juicer/+bug/627008),
> so that it could actually mount it. And our libfuse 2.7.6 is not
> enough to compile gvfsd-fuse.
> I wonder how it worked earlier...

After all I've decided to revert libcdio dependency removal (also has to
update libcdio usage a bit due to API changes).
This makes sound-juicer work more or less sane on OI (I've even managed
to rip CD).
Other changes include switch to gtk3 (necessary for libbraseroburn3
support), removal of dependency on gnome-media-profiles from Gnome 3,
small fixes for gtk3 compatibility and fix for one crash which I saw
when sound-juicer couldn't agree with gconf on something...

https://www.illumos.org/issues/8036
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/2953

---