[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Adam Števko adam.stevko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 22:55:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I also support this step. I will be for every solution that helps us clean up wiki even more. Seeing outdated comments is bad thing. I’d rather see people update wiki content or contribute to oi-docs (hey, we need you!). If they want to discuss, there are channels for that: mailing lists and IRC.

I am not going to react to everything, only to few key things:

- number of mailing lists - historically, there might have been more mailing lists for different sub projects, but it doesn’t make sense to return to such setup unless we grow our contributor base significantly. It isn’t very practical to have 20 mailing lists and only 2-3 people on them. We can use existing lists.

- #oi-documentation is not an official IRC channel and any talk regarding development, documentation, asking question etc can be done in #openindiana / #oi-dev. So, if there is an interest in moving documentation forward, please let’s reuse existing channels and not fragment the already small community.

As for disabling comments, I think we should set a deadline.

Cheers,
Adam