[oi-dev] FOSDEM 2017 hackathon

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 19:47:16 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Adam Števko <adam.stevko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as you all know FOSDEM 2017 is organized during the first weekend in
> February, which is almost in two weeks' time. There will be a gathering of
> almost all OI developers.
>
> We will have 2 days of time available for hacking and discussions.

While there'll be a little opportunity for hacking, I would expect there to
be the opportunity for lots of discussion. Valuable things to discuss are
identifying roadblocks, setting priorities, working out who's doing what.

There's not a huge amount of space by the illumos table. We probably want
someone out the front visible all the time. Ideally in illumos or other
distro
garb.

Anyone going who has any swag/business cards/leaflets or the like would be
good. Not necessarily that we need to give swag away, but it makes the table
look more open and inviting.

I'll probably be hanging around the table over half the time; there are a
half
dozen or so talks I wouldn't mind going to, and there are plenty of other
groups
with tables to talk to. Being visible in other communities reminds people
we exist.

--
-Peter Tribble