[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Nikola M minikola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 09:52:23 UTC 2017

On 03/25/17 10:53 PM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:

> The comment section is now plagued by spam and should be disabled asap.

I don't think it should be disabled since there is no space to save
comments.
Historically, comments prove to be valid source of information corrections
and eliminating a way of communicating with users and visitors is
counter productive.

Isolation is not good for the project.
Pulling off user and visitor ability to leave comments is not good for
the project.
Editing spam and saving comments is not the same as isolationist "idea"
of destructive turning off commenting.

> When it comes to the Wiki and User documentation, we should treat them
> as a priority.
> I already started adding development notes but people with knowledge
> of administration should not be afraid to contribute and modify
> content that is obviously outdated.
>

>     Hope that is helpful. I have been given access to the wiki and
>     will try to clean things up as I see them, but there is a
>     significant amount of duplication across the OI wiki and the
>     illumos wiki which magnifies the effort required ...
>

> Agreed.

Braging is not hepful.

A said, deleting content is not contributing and IS destructive.
Having way to save comments as valid history and way of communicating
(as people while reading would like to leave comment and contribute to
content if not editing it,
iv very valuable option.