[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 13:36:27 UTC 2017

> I don't think it should be disabled since there is no space to save
> comments.
> Historically, comments prove to be valid source of information corrections
> and eliminating a way of communicating with users and visitors is counter
> productive.
>
> Isolation is not good for the project.
> Pulling off user and visitor ability to leave comments is not good for the
> project.
> Editing spam and saving comments is not the same as isolationist "idea" of
> destructive turning off commenting.

Nodoby has time for spam or moderation, so after a reality check disabling
temporarily was the only option.
People can login and make the corrections.

> When it comes to the Wiki and User documentation, we should treat them as
> a priority.
> I already started adding development notes but people with knowledge of
> administration should not be afraid to contribute and modify content that
> is obviously outdated.
>

>> Hope that is helpful. I have been given access to the wiki and will try
>> to clean things up as I see them, but there is a significant amount of
>> duplication across the OI wiki and the illumos wiki which magnifies the
>> effort required ...
>>

> Agreed.
>

> Braging is not hepful.

Your attitude is not helpful if you have no constructive alternative to
offer.
In the meantime I started some clean up during the week-end.

> A said, deleting content is not contributing and IS destructive.

They are disabled not deleted.

> Having way to save comments as valid history and way of communicating (as
> people while reading would like to leave comment and contribute to content
> if not editing it,
> iv very valuable option.

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings