[oi-dev] Wiki comments

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 13:29:59 UTC 2017

.

> Goes the same, apply for some editing and don't brag.
>

> Again, attacking Wiki won't help, you have anything smart to contribute
> contribute by editing it...
>
> The help offered generously on the mailing lists and IRC has been
>> wonderful and reflects very well on the community.
>>
>> Hope that is helpful.
>>

> Not very much. But thanks for comments.
>
> I have been given access to the wiki and will try to clean things up as I
>> see them, but there is a significant amount of duplication across the OI
>> wiki and the illumos wiki which magnifies the effort required ...
>>

> it is normal to have duplicated content, since OI is an distribution and
> illumos is more like 'core' system and kernel.
>
> Your editing will surely be going through reviews, as Wiki is cooperative
> thing, so you won't be alone.
> Just to mention, don't try to delete contents on Wiki, but to improve it.
> Any deletion under pretend it is duplicated content can be seen as
> destructive.

I know the Wiki is a sensitive topic for you but please play nice in your
answers.
Especially since James' comments are valid.

If the content is outdated, flag it as such, if it is completely irrelevant
move it to the archive folder.
Of course discussing such modifications beforehand is appreciated.

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings