[oi-dev] GCC 6 builds of oi-userland, missing dependencies and help for merging

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Mon May 1 07:10:17 UTC 2017

Am 01.05.17 um 07:29 schrieb Alexander Pyhalov:
> On 30.04.2017 16:02, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>>> Can you give me an idea how the workflow should look like?
>>> I can see the PR with many fixes but I don't know a good way to cherry
>>> pick them.
>>> E.g. how can I be sure to get all commits for a certain package as you
>>> might have
>>> committed split fixes for it? I haven't done this before so I want
>>> to be
>>> sure to avoid
>>> mistakes.
>>>

> Perhaps, we could merge it when everything is ready in one PR?
>

>> PS: I have tried to enter your name on my keyboard; alas there seem
>> to be a
>>> (new?) problem
>>> with composed characters (I got ´e instead of é) . Is this related
>>> to the
>>> actual xkb problems?
>>>

>> Yes it is... need to adapt old patches I gess. In the meantime you can
>> revert to previous data-xkb.
>
> Hm... What layout do you use? I switched from sun to pc keyboard,
I am using "German German (eliminate dead keys)" with keyboard model
"Sun Type 7 USB (European layout)" but have
also tried "Generic Generic 105-key (Intl) PC" and some other. None of
them shows the behaviour I had before.
But I have found a way to compose these characters. I have set "Options
-> Position of Compose key" to "Menu" and so
I am able to create é with my compose key and the appropriate keys. It's
just different from all other OS's.

> because 'sun' evidently had problems with Russian layout. Now
> symbols config looks like:
>
> pc+us(altgr-intl)+inet(pc105)+ru:2+group(rwin_toggle)
How can I see this?

Regards