[oi-dev] Components archive url availability

Dariusz Sendkowski dsendkowski at gmail.com
Thu May 11 10:18:03 UTC 2017

I guess that is exactly how it is done in OpenBSD. You have precompiled
binaries, which you can fetch and install. You can also build them by
yourself using OpenBSD ports system. If the original site is unavailable,
the sources are downloaded directly from OpenBSD servers, for example:

# cd
/usr/ports/x11/libxdg-basedir/

# make fetch
===>  Checking files for libxdg-basedir-1.2.0p0
>> Fetch
http://nevill.ch/libxdg-basedir/downloads/libxdg-basedir-1.2.0.tar.gz
ftp: connect: Connection refused
>> Fetch
https://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/distfiles//libxdg-basedir-1.2.0.tar.gz
libxdg-basedir-1.2.0.t... 100%

Well, of course one can always clone oi-userland and build the packages by
oneself.

Anyway, I just wanted to know how exactly it is done in OI.

Btw, I wanted to add libxdg-basedir to oi-userland but as you can see, the
original site is not available any more.

regards,
Darek