[oi-dev] Can I still install older perl and python?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri May 12 04:29:09 UTC 2017

Hi.

On 12.05.2017 02:14, Gordon Ross wrote:
> I've been trying out the latest OI build, and most things look great!
> (Thanks to everyone who helped.)
>
> However, I have some 3rd party stuff that wants older versions of perl
> (5.10.0, 5.16) and python (2.6) and I can't figure out how to get pkg
> to let me install those along side the current ones (perl 5.22, python
> 2.7).
> Some time ago, it was possible to install multiple versions of perl
> and/or python.
> Is that still possible?

It's still possible to have python 2.7 and 3.4 or perl 5.22 and 5.24
coinstalled,
but older versions were marked 'Obsolete', which means IPS will refuse
to install
them and will attempt to remove as long as there's no installed
dependent packages.
I suppose, you understand, why we don't want to have software, which is
not longer
supported by projects itself in our repository.

 From other packages which I'd like to mark Obsolete I see all
MySQL(percona, mariadb) versions
before 5.7 and PostgreSQL 9.3 (perhaps, 9.4)...
---