[oi-dev] Discussing maintainers visibility in oi-userland

Dariusz Sendkowski dsendkowski at gmail.com
Fri May 12 07:27:10 UTC 2017

In my opinion, the current system looks fine.
Having a maintainer per component could be a nightmare for both maintainers
and contributors. Maintainers are usually bottlenecks for various reasons
no matter how hard they try not to be.
It could slow down the whole process significantly. Right now, it seems to
run pretty flawlessly.

But how does it work for big and complex components (like desktop
environments)? Should they be rejected due to the lack of the contributor's
maintenance guarantee?
When I look at the contributors' list I see that people appear and
disappear and that's a natural process.
This implies that nobody can guarantee that they will maintain components
they add (I mean the bigger ones).