[oi-dev] Driver Problems - Please assist

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun May 28 20:12:45 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Jose Gonzalez via oi-dev <
oi-dev at openindiana.org> wrote:

> Hi hlc/oi-dev community,
>

> Disk drive utility reports ("The OpenIndiana HCL server is not active")
> when trying to submit Driver Problems. For that reason I am sending the
> following list so you guys can help me out.

Yes we setup the email since the server code for the HCL was never
released, so no submission system is in place.

> Can you please reply to me with your comments?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> *****************
>
> Lenovo E545 Laptop
> Processor: AMD A10-5750M APU - Richland
>             with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 4-core

We do not have KMS support for this chipset but basic support should come
with vgatext + the xf86-video-radeon module.

> Network
>     Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit
>   Ethernet Controller        rge
>     Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter
>     UNK

This family of chipset is supported by the rsu driver:

http://freenicdrivers.la.coocan.jp/

but there is no support for RTL8188EE, some work may be required.

The rest looks good.
Kind regards,

Aurélien