[oi-dev] Mate 1.18 preliminary testing

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun May 28 22:23:35 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> On 05/26/17 12:48 PM, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I've been working on Mate update to 1.18 since Monday.
>> So far I'm close to finish, but there are some issues.
>> The most irritating is issues with our nimbus GTK3 version.
>> The two issues I've noticed:
>> 1) menus (for example, mate panel menus) have bold black frames;
>> 2) most controllers always have some frames, they earlier didn't (for
>> example, buttons in caja menu).
>>
>> So far I've fixed patch for time-slider integration (while testing it,
>> discovered https://www.illumos.org/issues/8273) and ported other
>> customizations, which we had.
>> Further testing would be appreciated (as well, as help with nimbus theme).
>>

> pkg://userland/gnome/theme/nimbus@0.1.9,5.11-2017.0.0.10:20170526T122525Z
> fixes first issue with menus.

Sorry for the delay.
I just tested you MATE 1.18 builds and I must say I am very impressed.
The Nimbus theme looks neat (modulo the border that you mentioned).

I see in your branch that the fix for the border is in revision 11 but the
package is revision 10, maybe you forgot to republish.

Thanks

Aurélien

> P.S. All mate 1.18 code for testing/reviewing is here -
> https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/tree/mate-1.18
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Southern Federal University IT department

---
Praise the Caffeine embeddings