[oi-dev] Mate 1.18 preliminary testing

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue May 30 14:56:25 UTC 2017

On 05/29/17 01:23 AM, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:38 PM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:
>

> Sorry for the delay.
> I just tested you MATE 1.18 builds and I must say I am very impressed.
> The Nimbus theme looks neat (modulo the border that you mentioned).
>
> I see in your branch that the fix for the border is in revision 11 but the
> package is revision 10, maybe you forgot to republish.

I forgot to include manual fixes in the package...

Anyway, new theme lookss almost tolerable
pkg://userland/gnome/theme/nimbus@0.1.9-2017.0.0.11:20170530T143802Z

This is relevant nimbus theme change:

https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/commit
/097c47043133590c4eafe6c3056f0fb23e56d07a?w=1

(note, original file contained ^M s, so it's better to ignore
whitespaces when you look at diff).

Removing window frame style fixes issue with solid borders around menus
and introducing button style without border image and border for
mate-panel /toolbar fixes caja and mate-panel view. The only thing which
irritates me  a bit is sometimes visible one pixel border around mate
panel buttons. Don't know how to fix it (yet), but don't consider it
critical. So I think I'm going to merge Mate update this week (after
some testing).

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,