[oi-dev] Virtualbox

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Mon May 29 19:10:46 UTC 2017

Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> writes:

> G B via oi-dev <oi-dev at openindiana.org> writes:
>
>> I added documentation to the VirtualBox page on the wiki:
>> https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/7.2+VirtualBox
>
> I might just be blind, but not seeing whatever was added there.
> Can you mention a page search term that will lead me to your additions?

Please ignore... yes I am blind.

I'd like to know if you were able to get a clean install of lastest
vbox following those directions?

Far as I understood things... anything above 5.0.X, that is, any of
the 5.1.x series will not install due to requiring gt5 I think it was.

I was able to install 5.0.40 following JimKs' README and using his
patches.

I get it installed but have a curious error at the end:
    `Installation of <SUNWvbox> partially failed.'

The error does NOT prevent using the installed Vbox-5.0.40

  [...]

  Detected an opensource Solaris descendant, assuming snv_151 compatibility
  Detected Solaris 11 Version 151
      - Loaded: Host module
      - Loaded: NetAdapter module
      - Loaded: NetFilter (STREAMS) module
      - Loaded: USBMonitor module
      - Loaded: USB module
   Configuring services...
      - Enabled: Zone access service
   Installing MIME types and icons...
   Installing Python bindings...
      - Installed: Bindings for Python 2.7
   Updating the boot archive...

   Installation of <SUNWvbox> partially failed.

Do you see anything like that?