[oi-dev] Providing icinga2 package

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 13:27:49 UTC 2017

Hi Marianne

To get started grab yourself a copy of
https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland

The Best Way is to clone this repo and setup a fork in your own github
profile. You can then make a remote and push to your profile.

Make a Feature branch for every componetn you want to package. A
component is the software itself and not all packages built from that
component. In your case it should be icinga and maybe if another
dependecy is needed one more component. The reason for that is that we
want seperate pull-request per component so it is more easily to check
what has been done.

The readme gives you a good starting point for building components that
already exist.

A compoent itself consists of a manifest and a makefile which controls
the build

The makefile is documented at:
https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/oi-userland+Makefile+targets+and+variables

I think the best component to orient yourself when building icinga will
be zabbix. Also have a look at the pull requests if any of them help you
with your work.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to write to the ML or drop
by in #oi-dev on freenode

Hope this helps
Greetings
Till